Share This Article
Do you have a well-developed network? Are you self-directed? Do you have an impressive portfolio filled with client success stories? You might be ready to become a consultant, by following a few simple yet very important steps.
Recommended for those who are great with people and know a topic well enough to help guide and consult others.
How much can you earn? A lot!! A good consultant with a proven track record can easily ask for thousands of dollars for a few hours of their time. However, those are the best of the best; still, as you grow your online consultancy business and more people start to know you (and trust you), you will be able to charge a cool couple hundred for a few hours
Start-up costs: ideally, you will need to create a website/landing page at the very least where people can get more information about you and your services, as well as be able to reach out to you – so all you will need to get is hosting from Bluehost (it includes a free domain name) and a landing page builder like Landingi to create your page
Many of the bloggers who make a lot of money online, usually make their money from 3 main sources:
- Affiliate marketing sales
- Digital products, especially online courses
- And last but not least, consulting services
Thats because consulting can make them a lot of money – and takes very little of their time.
What Exactly do Consultants Do?
In short, they offer strategic advice to other parties. For example, an experienced marketer might come in to help a business get their marketing plan up and running and generating a positive ROI (return on investment). Or a legal consultant, who will help a client or a company to identify and solve any legal issues.
However, you do need to be very good at what you do in order to offer a good service; and not only that, but you also need to be good at talking to people and guiding them – the way you deliver your message is almost as important as the actual message.
So, what kinds of online consultancy services can you offer? Here are some of the most popular options:
- Marketing consultants, to help develop marketing strategies (it could also be more niche than that and focus on specific type of marketing: SEO, social media, content marketing and so on)
- Technology consultants, to help companies identify and implement the right technological solutions
- Human resources consultants, for attracting, assessing and selecting the right candidates
- Strategy consultants, to help uncover any issues in the operational system and help companies improve their overall performance
- Public Relations consultants, to help build up the reputation of a company
- Financial consultant, to help organizations and individuals with their financial decisions (however, you will need to get a license to practice this type of consultancy)
- Legal consultant, to help individuals and organizations identify, prevent and solve legal issues
Do I need a website?
Every successful online consultant needs a website to start a successful business, generate money online and reach customers. Click below to get 1-click WordPress Installation, web hosting and domain registration with Bluehost, the #1 trusted WordPress hosting.
Need more ideas?
Explore more online business ideas. Check out our website business ideas or freelancing opportunities for more online business opportunities.