Although challenging, starting a digital marketing agency from scratch without any prior expertise is achievable. From nothing to an established digital marketing company with customers and staff requires a lengthy procedure.
Though it’s not simple, there is nothing standing in your way of realizing your dream and joining the dynamic field of digital marketing as a service provider.
With the help of this guide, you may launch your own digital marketing agency from scratch, possibly avoiding the errors others have made while lowering risks and increasing the likelihood of success.
Who Is It Recommended for?
An online agency is recommended for freelancers and marketing and PR experts who want to build their own business.
How much can you earn?
Startup costs are low, but if you already work as a freelancer and have a solid clientele, you can grow a profitable company that earns thousands of dollars per month by outsourcing work to other, less expensive freelancers.
You’ll need website hosting and a website for your agency to start. As your agency grows, you’ll probably need to invest much more in your company. Additionally, you don’t require full-time workers, but you may think about hiring a part-time virtual assistant from Fiverr to help you with all the administrative responsibilities involved and free up your time so that you can concentrate on acquiring new clients for your new business.
It sounds much more difficult than it is to launch an online business. Although absolutely necessary, it’s a good idea to start off by providing these services as a freelancer only to familiarize yourself with the industry before you really launch your business and even to give you a leg up on possible customers (if you offer a great service, then people will want to continue working with you).
Then, you may create an agency for essentially any type of digital service, such as:
- Social media marketing
- Search engine optimization
- Content marketing
- Online advertising
- Graphic design
- Web design and web development
- Or better yet, full-scale digital marketing services, comprising of multiple different types of services (after all, they’re all related to some extent – like web design and web development with SEO and social media and PR)
When your agency is just getting started, you can simply outsource your projects to qualified freelancers and pay them on a project basis. As your agency expands, you may think about adding full-time staff.
Here are some quick tips to help you get started:
- Pick your agency’s niche and establish the services you’re going to offer: for example, content writing for blogs and articles, whitepapers, e-books and so on; social media marketing services for different social networks; etc.
- Build your agency website: you can save up on start-up costs by building your own website using a pro theme from ElegantThemes and get website hosting and a free domain name from Bluehost(with 67% off the first year of hosting!)
- Set up fees for your services: check out your competitors’ fees as well and start putting together fees for each service, as well as premium packages to sell to your clients, containing multiple services
- Find freelancers, virtual assistants and remote workers: you can easily use Fiverr to find a VA and good freelancers to work with (they have numerous freelancers in pretty much any digital marketing niche you can think of, from social media to advertising and to SEO)
- Leverage experienced salespeople: you can also use Fiverr to help you find salespeople than in turn, will find sales leads for your agency; they can, for example, source leads from you that you then reach out to or you can pay salespeople on a commission basis so that they find you clients and you pay them a commission from that customers’ fee.
What do I need to start?
To get started, you need a website and you can build a website with no coding skills with a easy Drag-&-Drop WordPress builder. Get 300+ design templates, 1-click WordPress installation, web hosting & domain registration, all for only $2.95/mo with Bluehost, the #1 trusted WordPress hosting.