Have you established a strong network? Do you have self-direction? Do you possess a strong portfolio absolutely packed with client success stories? By taking a few little but important steps, you might be prepared to become a consultant.
Who Is It Recommended for?
Consultancy is recommended for those who are great with people and know a topic well enough to help guide and consult others.
How much can you earn?
A lot!! A competent consultant with a track record of success may easily demand thousands of dollars in exchange for a few hours of work. Although those are the finest of the best, as your internet consultation business develops and more people come to know and trust you, you will be able to charge a respectable couple hundred for a few hours.
Ideally, you should develop a website or landing page where people can learn more about you and your services and find out how to contact you. To achieve this, all you need is hosting from Bluehost (which comes with a free domain name) and a landing page builder like Landingi.
Many bloggers that are successful online typically derive their income from three main sources:
- Sales from affiliate marketing
- Digital products, particularly online courses
- Consultancy services
This is because consulting offers them a great financial opportunity and requires little of their time.
What Exactly do Consultants Do?
In a nutshell, consultants counsel other businesses on strategy. For instance, a skilled marketer could be hired to assist a company in launching its marketing strategy and achieving a profitable ROI (return on investment). Or a legal consultant who will aid a customer or business in locating and resolving any legal problems.
To provide an excellent service, you must, however, be very competent at what you do. In addition, you must also be skilled in communicating with and advising others; in fact, the manner in which you convey your message is almost as crucial as the content itself.
So, what kinds of online consultancy services can you offer? Here are some of the most popular options:
- Marketing consultants, to help develop marketing strategies (it could also be more niche than that and focus on specific type of marketing: SEO, social media, content marketing and so on)
- Technology consultants, to help companies identify and implement the right technological solutions
- Human resources consultants, for attracting, assessing and selecting the right candidates
- Strategy consultants, to help uncover any issues in the operational system and help companies improve their overall performance
- Public Relations consultants, to help build up the reputation of a company
- Financial consultant, to help organizations and individuals with their financial decisions (however, you will need to get a license to practice this type of consultancy)
- Legal consultant, to help individuals and organizations identify, prevent and solve legal issues
What do I need to start?
To get started, you need a website and you can build a website with no coding skills with a easy Drag-&-Drop WordPress builder. Get 300+ design templates, 1-click WordPress installation, web hosting & domain registration, all for only $2.95/mo with Bluehost, the #1 trusted WordPress hosting.